Do you have an upcoming team or group event that requires group transportation in Chicago or the surrounding area? A passenger van rental from Paragon Car & Van Rental may be just the solution you’re looking for. You’re sure to find just what you need in our fleet of minivans, 12-passenger vans, and 15-passenger vans.
Passenger Van Safety Tips
If you do decide to rent a passenger van, there are a few things you should know about driving this unique type of vehicle. On their Roadway Safety page for 15-Passenger Van Safety, AAA recommends the following tips in order to ensure safe operation, handling, and packing of these vans.
- Make sure all passengers are correctly using seatbelts.
- Carry no more passengers than available seatbelts.
- Secure all cargo carefully, and do not overfill the cargo areas.
- Be aware of any blind spots in the front and sides of the vehicle. Larger vehicles have more blind spots.
- Remember that passenger vans are not cars. The design features of these vehicles – longer length, additional weight, especially when fully loaded, and higher center of gravity – make them more difficult to drive and control in emergency situations and under certain weather conditions, such as high winds. Even under great road conditions, braking distance is greater due to additional weight.
- Recognize that 15-passenger vans require more time/distance to accelerate, turn and stop. Steering and braking maneuvers, particularly at highway speeds, must be done gradually and smoothly to minimize large weight shifts that can lead to loss of control.
- Be cautious when merging into traffic as you have a larger vehicle and slower acceleration than with a car.
The next time you need to arrange group travel within Chicago, out of state, or even out of the country, contact Paragon at (773) 622-7660 or request a quote online. You’ll get a quality vehicle with friendly service every time.
Source: AAA Exchange “15 Passenger Van Safety”