Traveling for work is a necessity in the business world. Whether you’re new to work-related travel or you’re a seasoned pro, everyone could stand a refresher course when traveling to a new city. The travel experts at Paragon Car & Van Rental are here to help. We’ve done our fair share of traveling and want to let you in on our trade secrets. As with everything, a little planning goes a long way. Here are our four tips to make your work trip a success!
Pack for Flexibility
Packing is truly an art form. Do your research before you pack to understand the trip itinerary and any lulls in the agenda allowing for a wardrobe change. Make a checklist with these questions in mind:
- What is the dress code for the trip?
- Are events formal or casual?
- How long will the trip last?
- What is the weather forecast for the destination?
Don’t Forget Traveling Essentials
Remember life’s essentials for traveling:
- Driver’s license
- Flight reservations
- Credit cards and/or cash
- Cell phone with power cords
- Additional navigation tools
- Important addresses and phone numbers
Learn the Ropes of the City
Doing some research on the destination beforehand is helpful to understand the city’s dynamics. Securing your rental car offers flexibility with travel. Here are some additional city specifics to investigate:
- Is public transit available?
- What is the proximity of business dealings to the hotel and to the airport?
- Are there any other major events happening in the city during the stay?
- Are there any cultural differences to keep in mind?
Every work trip has down time. What are you going to do for fun? Here are some of our favorites:
- Bring workout gear to enjoy the hotel’s amenities.
- Check out local eateries and entertainment.
- Explore the city by seeing the sights.
- Bring a good book for poolside R&R.
Traveling for work can be grueling if the proper planning doesn’t take place. If done well, traveling to a new city offers fun, excitement, and new cultural experiences. The first step to a great trip is arranging the logistics. To request a quote for your rental car in Chicago, contact Paragon Car & Van Rental at (773) 622-7660.
Photo credit (1): public domain via www.flickr.com
Photo credit (2): public domain via www.flickr.com
TripCase Crew. “Packing List for a Stress-Free Business Trip.” Web blog post. Sabre GLBL Inc, 5 Aug. 2015. Web. 13 Sept. 2017.